Manchester Business School is the largest campus-based business and management school in the UK.
Original Thinking Applied
Manchester is recognised for its original thinkers: our long and proud history of research excellence continues the spirit of innovation and achievement for which the city is renowned. The School was one of the first two business schools in the UK (both founded in 1965).
We’re ranked first in the UK for business research, but world-class research alone is not enough. Our original thinking is applied for impact across business and management, government and communities.
We provide world-class business and management education to undergraduates, postgraduates, experienced practitioners, and those with career orientated academic and research ambitions. Manchester Business School delivers original thinking and teaching, informed by the contemporary commercial environment.
Why choose Manchester Business School?
- The 2013 Financial Times survey ranks our MBA 5th in the UK, 11th in Europe and 29th in the world.
- Over the last three years The FT ranks us at an average position of 30. The 2013 FT survey also placed our students exposure to international business 21st in the world.
- The most recent Forbes survey, which ranks business schools on their “return on investment” (ROI) via a survey of alumni salaries, ranks our MBA programme 4th place outside the US, based on ROI.
- MBS is part of a small and select band of institutions worldwide which are accredited by all three major bodies - AACSB International, AMBA and EQUIS.
- The UK government body (HEFCE) ranks MBS teaching capabilities as ‘Excellent’, the highest category.
An international school:
- We have an extensive global network, with on-the-ground presence in Brazil, China, Hong Kong, Singapore, UAE and the USA.
- Our School is truly international, preparing you for the global business environment you'll encounter on graduation.