MBA opportunities for Young Potential Leaders
We believe in developing young British* talent who can rise to the future challenges of the global business environment and make a real difference as socially responsible business managers and leaders.
With the aim of nurturing and fast- tracking future talent, we provide opportunities for up to ten very talented high-flyers to take the Full-time MBA Programme. These individuals will demonstrate high potential for rapid career advancement and a track record of using their talent to improve society.
To be considered for one of ten Young Potential Leader places on the Full-time MBA programme you must:
- Permanent residency in the UK*
- Hold a first class bachelor's degree or a bachelor's degree with upper second class results from a Russell Group University and a Masters degree with distinction from a Russell Group University**
- Have less than three years' work experience
As a Young British* Potential Leader, you will stand out from your peers. You should have the learning ability, cognitive agility and emotional intelligence to benefit from the opportunities and challenges of a world class full-time MBA.
You will have a burning ambition to fast-track your career in business combined with a high level of integrity and a desire to give back to the country in which we live.
- First class bachelor's degree or a bachelor's degree with upper second class results from a Russell Group University and a Masters degree with distinction from a Russell Group University, in any subject
- GCSE Mathematics, minimum grade B.
- In addition, you should be a balanced individual with strong achievements outside the academic environment.
- 2nd Language to a competent level: GCSE level or above.
- Up-to three years' post-graduation professional work experience, demonstrating higher than average performance compared to peers.
- Alternatively, if you have no formal full-time work experience, you should ideally have one or more of the following: internship(s), work placement(s), an exchange programme abroad, gap year volunteering project or other major project demonstrating your capabilities and initiative.
- Able to demonstrate potential leadership through professional, personal or volunteering experiences, e.g. taking on roles of leadership or responsibility either at work, university or in society, taking on significant challenges etc.
- Numerate with a good grasp of economic affairs and International awareness. You will be able to think critically, laterally and logically and integrate ideas.
- Highly articulate with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to build credibility in relationships and influence other people and groups. On the MBA programme you will need to deal comfortably with international students with significant professional experience, potential employers and project clients.
- Dynamic, ambitious, enthusiastic and energetic with exceptional maturity, self-confidence and self-awareness; open to change and personal growth. You will need to be able to rise to challenges and handle personal stress and demanding situations.
A range of scholarships are available for Young Potential Leaders, ranging from £10,000 to full fees.
Final application deadline: 1 June 2017
Final assessment day: TBC
To arrange a personal appointment or for more information complete our contact form.
* Indefinite leave to remain in the UK.
** A list of Russell Group universities is available at: www.russellgroup.ac.uk/our-universities