The part-time Project Management MBA equips project managers ready to take the leap from leading a project stream or team to successfully leading complex projectsÂ There will be opportunities to:
- Focus on how to balance the potentially conflicting and competing levers for business project success and how to reconcile them
- Apply critical judgement and demonstrate leadership - all of which can be applied to your current role
- Study specially designed elective for the Project Management MBA, including Strategic Management of Projects, Commercial and Contract Management and Project Planning and Control
- Work with other project managers from some of the world's leading companies
- Work with non-project management professionals from the likes of Bank of New York Mellon, Citibank, KPMG and PWC etc
- Take advantage of our dedicated part-time Global Careers Service
The three specialist project management electives must be taken in Dubai, giving you the chance to broaden your perspective, experience another culture and build your international contacts. You will work with other project managers from some of the world's leading companies. All the other courses can be studied in the UK or at any of our other global centres.
- Residential workshops provide a minimum 24 hours of face-to-face contact per course which is more direct contact than many part-time on campus programmes.
- Courses without residential workshops are complemented with online workshops that consist of online discussions and tutorials linked to a formative assessment.
- Learn from guest speakers.
- Socialise with classmates.
Workshops are a prescribed element of the course and attendance is required for at least 80% of the workshops.
The number of MBA students in each workshop session is kept deliberately low, typically 25-30, to maintain their high quality and interactive nature.
Workshop sessions are delivered by senior faculty and a pool of experts from outside the School who are considered leaders in their particular fields. They travel the world teaching at our global centres, so you get the same, consistently high standard of teaching no matter where you are based.
Live Company Project Experience
Working in their selected groups, the students will experience a full live company project and through the use of the blended learning model they will mimic as close as possible a real working environment.
Students will interact amongst themselves as a group and with the external company employees through email, discussion groups, video conferencing and face to face meetings, while conducting their own personal research and studies.
You will be supported by an academic supervisor, hand-picked for their expert knowledge.
- Consists of a 10,000-word dissertation
- Takes 6-12 months to complete
- In the event that a student has corporate sponsorship, an individual project may be undertaken that helps their organisation achieve its goals.
Group Business Simulation
Working in small groups of four to six people, you will carry out a challenging business simulation project based on real issues faced by today's organisations in a way you wouldn't normally have the opportunity to do in real life.
The business simulation is designed to test your skills in:
As part of a group you will take over a fictional company competing in a growth market and work to maximise its share price by the end of the project.
Pre-selected project management courses
- Strategic Management of Projects
- Commercial and Contract Management
- Project Planning and Control
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management
- Human Resource Management
- Technology Management
- Sustainable Business
- International Business Strategy
- Negotiation Skills and Selling Strategies
- Advanced Strategic Management
- Treasury Foreign Exchange and Trade Management
- Investments and Portfolio Management
- Ethics, Governance and Competition Policy
- Corporate Risk Management
- Risk Management
- Financial Analysis
- International Marketing
- New Media Marketing
- Doing Business in Brazil
- Doing Business in China
Click here to download the course descriptions in PDF
Students enrolled on the Manchester Global MBA will be assessed on the basis of examinations and continuous assessment, the latter comprising of two assignments at set points:
Assignments - 50%
Each course will be assessed on the basis of two pieces of assignments, contributing 50% to the overall course mark. These assignments will either be on the basis of two individual pieces of written work, or one individual written assignment coupled with an assessed group assignment during the residential workshops.
The assessment method is determined by each individual course director and is based on optimising the student learning experience and reflection process - students will be informed of the assessment method for each module at the start of each trimester.
Exams - 50%
A three hour open book* examination, forms an integral part of our MBA programme and carries 50% weighting towards the assessment of each course. Manchester Business School Worldwide operates a global network of exam centres, enabling students to take their exams at one of the many exam venues we have worldwide.
- A limited number of courses will not be open book.
- Some courses will not have examinations