Blended learning approach to the MBA
The Manchester Global Part-time MBA is designed to fit around work and personal commitments, giving you the flexibility to study when it suits you best.
World class teaching is delivered in blocks at residential workshops, complemented by online activity to enrich the learning experience. This means your physical time out of the office is scheduled in advance for minimum career disruption. Should your career take you overseas, you can continue your studies seamlessly at one of our seven global centres.
Our blended learning approach delivers a balanced combination of self-study and practical learning with global colleagues. A typical semester will include up to three face to face workshops, delivered back to back at one of our centres worldwide. Alongside this, you will attend online tutorial sessions, study online in a dedicated e-learning environment, and participate in forum discussions with e-tutors and colleagues.
Global Part-time MBA: at a glance
MBA preparation stage
- Online course and face to face induction at your home centre
- Gain a thorough grounding in the essentials of global business and management
- Experience at least 24 hours of dynamic world class teaching per course (excluding online courses), which is more than many full-time programmes
- Work in multinational groups to apply theory to live case studies, interactive business games and simulations
- Debate current business issues
- A highlight of the programme for most students
- Face to face teaching is supported by online tutorials, e-learning and forum discussions
Group business simulation
- Work in a group to carry out a challenging business simulation project based on real issues faced by today’s organisations
- Tailor your MBA programme to suit your personal needs and ambitions with specialist electives
Live company project
- During the final six months of your MBA you will undertake a real-world project - a chance to apply the skills you have learned in your own organisation or an external company
- Reflect on your own progress and professional development throughout the programme with psychometrics and a personal, reflective diary
- Attend networking evenings, careers events and webinars
- Become a member of our 50,000-strong alumni association from the moment you start the programme
- Remain an active member of our global alumni network and stay connected via a community website, social media and events worldwide.