MBS Research areas
Research is central to MBS activity, and focuses on the issues that face business leaders and governments globally, maintaining our position as experts and opinion-changers in the field of international business and management education.
Our priority research areas:
- Accounting, accountability and corporate governance: specifically corporate financial communication and reporting, corporate governance, performance measurement and management, management accounting and control.
- Comparative and international business, linking comparative business systems, international business, employment systems relations, and cultural economy.
- Decision analysis, support, and risk management linked with operations and supply chain management.
- Finance: specifically corporate finance, asset pricing in capital markets, and financial risk management.
- High level decision-making and leadership and business strategy.
- Human resource management, including the treatment and well-being of employees, equality and diversity, and aspects of organisational psychology.
- Innovation studies, science and technology policy, linked with entrepreneurship and sustainable environment.
- Major projects and programmes/infrastructure
- Marketing, including consumer, retailing, corporate reputation and communications, B2B marketing linked with supply chain management, product innovation, design, services (linked with Centre for Services Research) and sustainability (linked with Sustainable Consumption Institute).
- Organisation and society: specifically critical management studies, and aspects of organisational psychology.
- Public sector policy and management with particular expertise in Health Services.
- Services design management with particular emphasis on multidisciplinary approaches to ICT enabled business services incorporating service innovation (linked with MIoIR), service design, service marketing (linked with CRIS), service operations (linked with MOSCIM) and service information management.