The “Chunhui Cup” – the national Chinese Students Innovation and Entrepreneurship Competition – is the most prestigious and influential entrepreneurial competition in China, jointly organised by the Chinese Ministry of Education and the Chinese Ministry of Science and Technology.
The winners of the “Chunhui Cup” have the opportunity to get very close connections with international partners, often resulting in the development of a new level of international collaborations in business, technology and research.
As the Sino-British relation steps into the Golden Era, the inter-exchange and convergence of interests between UK and China have reached an unprecedented level in many fields, especially in the aspect of education. Overseas students are becoming the most important ambassadors to bridge the UK and China, promoting all-round, multi-level and wide-ranging connection, cooperation and communication between the two countries. In order to encourage innovation and entrepreneurship among Chinese overseas students in the Northern England, the 14th “Chunhui Cup” Chinese Oversea Students Innovation and Entrepreneurship Competition (Manchester Contest), which is also the 3rd Manchester – China Innovation and Entrepreneurship Competition (MCIEC 2019) will be held in Manchester in 2019.
Since 2006, the “Chunhui Cup” Innovation and Entrepreneurship Competition has been held for 13 consecutive years and 2,528 projects have been selected in the Global Finals. More than 448 overseas students who have entered the finalist projects have successfully started their own company in China and nearly half of these students have been selected into the national or local “Talent Plan”. By the end of 2018, more than 634 well-run enterprises have been settled, covering 76 cities in 25 provinces, autonomous regions and municipalities.
MCIEC 2019 aims to unite the rich educational, technological and industrial resources in the Northern England area with the greater innovating and entrepreneurial resources that are found throughout China, to create a one-stop-shop entrepreneurship service platform for Chinese overseas students and scholars, as well as International students and scholars who are willing to start a company in China, promoting the fusion of technology, innovation and capital, creating healthy and favorable circumstances for young entrepreneurs to grow.
- Successful projects selected by expert panels will have the opportunity to join the China Roadshow Program which will take place in Wuhan, Hangzhou, Liyang and Beijing this coming summer and be introduced to local policymakers, incubators, and investors. (Travel and accommodation will be covered)
- Selected projects will also have the opportunity to be recommended to multiple industrial parks and investors in both the UK and China.
- Free training and follow-up advice on business proposal development, the application process, presentation and roadshows will be provided to support all teams participating in the competition.
- Selected projects will be recommended to the “Chunhui Cup” Global Finals in Guangzhou, in December 2019. Round-trip tickets to Guangzhou are provided by the “Chunhui Cup” committee. Opportunities to meet thousands of industrial parks, incubators and investors from all over China.
- All teams will get a certificate issued by the MCIEC 2019 committee.
- Applications can be from a team or an individual, although teams are preferred and encouraged
- The team can consist of Chinese and non-Chinese members but the leading applicant should be Chinese
- The leading applicants can be current students, graduates or working professionals, who must have overseas experience
- Applicants must have an innovative start-up idea or project and complete the application form
- Each participant is limited to lead one project
- Projects from all professional fields and industries are welcome.
- Complete an application form >>
- Prepare a business proposal >>
- Submit both documents by email to email@example.com by 22 June 2019.
- 22 June 2019 - Application deadline
- 24 June 2019 - Notice of shortlist proposals
- 5 July 2019 - The Manchester contest
For any enquiries, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org