Degrees for busy professionals
Are you a busy professional looking to develop new skills and knowledge while you continue to work full-time? At Alliance Manchester Business School, we offer a growing portfolio of blended learning Masters degrees that you can study alongside your professional and personal commitments.
What is blended learning?
Blended learning is an increasingly popular delivery mode for part-time degree courses. This study format combines e-learning with workshop residentials (typically two per year), making it an ideal choice for busy lives. It is also referred to as ‘distance learning’ or ‘online learning’.
Who are these courses for?
Part-time degrees are ideal for busy professionals who want to study at their own pace. So, if you are looking to study a Master’s degree at a highly-ranked business school without putting your career on hold, blended learning could be for you. It is also ideal for those who are unable to study full-time for financial reasons.
What does a typical blended learning degree look like?
At Alliance Manchester Business School, blended learning degrees include a mix of online learning and experiential workshops.
- Bespoke e-learning hub developed by Alliance Manchester Business School’s in-house technologists
- Scenario-based online teaching
- Online study materials
- Discussion boards
- Online resources eg handbooks, timetables and reading lists
- Quizzes and assignments
- Student support area
- Face-to-face teaching at experiential workshop residentials two/three times a year (depending on the course)
- Workshops take place Manchester and/or our global locations: Dubai, Hong Kong, São Paulo, Shanghai, Singapore and the USA (MBA courses only)
- Teaching focuses on ‘action learning’, so you will apply what you have learned to real-life business scenarios and group assignments
- Collaborate with talented, likeminded professionals
- Network with peers from different countries and industries
- Take time out from your day-to-day responsibilities and focus
How is a blended learning degree assessed?
Typically, there are no exams or dissertations and assessment is continuous through a mix of assignments and group projects.
Who teaches these courses?
The curriculum and course materials are developed by Alliance Manchester Business School’s world-renowned academics. Our team is based in Manchester and travels the world to teach at workshops. So, wherever you are based, you can receive a University of Manchester education.
Workshops in Manchester and our global locations
Over 25 years' experience in blended learning
Study at a triple-accredited business school – wherever you are in the world
Joint courses with our business school partners: Kelley, FGV and Tongji