Creativity & Innovation Essentials
Maximise creativity and innovation for yourself, your team and your organisation
Tailored to the GCC region
Delivered at the Middle East Centre, Dubai
For professionals from any sector
Introducing and inspiring creativity in a business setting is not easy. From large multinational corporations and governments to lean startups, all organisations need to improve, adapt to changes and exploit new opportunities.
Creativity and Innovation Essentials will help you build a culture where creativity thrives. The two-day programme blends best practice from entrepreneurial start-ups and large-scale corporates. We’ll supply you with practical tools and strategies to use as an individual, for your team and your organisation. You’ll also work on a live innovation project to take you from spotting opportunities to idea generation to making it happen.
This immersive and challenging programme is built on the experience of our experts, who have conducted extensive consultancy and research into creativity and innovation across the whole GCC region.
This highly interactive, two-day programme delivers experiential learning based on the latest research. You will work in learning trios and small groups to complete a series of creativity and innovation challenges in a safe environment.
- Practical tools and techniques
- Demonstrations and practice
- Live case study work (the innovation challenge)
- Q&A sessions
- Presentations with feedback
- Exercises and checklists
Pre-work (via email)
- Introductory message from the programme director
- Thought-provoking video content
- Create your personal ‘pen profile’, including current challenges and opportunities that will require creativity and innovation
Day one: Observation and insight for creativity & innovation
- Teams and diversity
- Observation skills and gaining insight for innovation
- Business model innovation and the business model canvas
- Key theories for creativity and innovation
Day two: Creating and evaluating ideas for creativity and innovation
- Creative environments: workplaces and office design
- Better brainstorming: how to run a creative workshop
- Learning from a local innovator
- Creating a culture of creativity and innovation
- Leading for creativity and innovation in the unique context of the GCC
At the end of this fast-paced programme you will be motivated, confident and ready to apply what you’ve learned. This will help you create opportunities, overcome challenges and nurture a creative environment.
You will be equipped with skills and knowledge to:
- Maximise your personal creativity and innovation
- Manage and lead others to boost creativity and innovation
- Plan, set-up and lead an effective and engaging creativity and innovation workshop
- Lead creativity and innovation in the unique cultural context of the GCC
- And much more...
Dr Mark Batey
Mark is a creativity, innovation and leadership specialist at Alliance Manchester Business School and has worked with organisations from Al-Futtaim to Zain. Well known in the GCC market through his extensive work with the University of Manchester Middle East Centre, and his keynote speeches and creativity workshops in the region, Mark is currently undertaking powerful and practical research to understand the drivers and barriers to creativity and innovation in the unique context of the Gulf
“It was a very interactive course with a hands-on approach! This is one of few courses where information is delivered in a fun, collaborative and creative way. Mark shared interesting research insights and the final project was based on a real-life business challenge. You can be sure to come out equipped with tools and techniques that are relevant, practical and ready to implement on the job.”