Open programme attracts a wide range of industries, sectors, backgrounds, personalities and negotiating styles meaning delegates can learn from, challenge and support each other.
Each delegate explores their own negotiating style through role play, filming and expert and peer feedback.
The practical nature of the three days means that you have the opportunity to explore and develop your negotiating style in a safe and supportive environment, building your confidence to use new tools and techniques in the outside world.
Uniquely designed to support different learning styles with a combination of expert commentary, group exercises and video, review and analysis of filmed negotiations.
By exploring the tools and techniques of negotiation and focusing on practically applying these within your group, you’ll have a toolkit to put the theory into practice.
Each session is facilitated by leading business academics and researchers with a wealth of experience in delivering Executive Education programmes to professional cohorts.
Programme delivers both individual and organisational benefits and promotes a lifelong connection with Alliance MBS through our Executive Education Network.
Content draws on Alliance MBS’s Global MBA where Negotiations Skills is a highly rated, popular elective. The results from your negotiation exercises will be compared with the outcomes of the same negotiation activities undertaken by other participants around the world to identify the reasons why internal bias can lead to skewed outcomes.
The programme is designed for those with little or no prior negotiating experience or training, who are keen to learn new skills and be ready to take on new challenges with the tools and techniques learned on the course.
A typical delegate may be:
- Moving from middle to senior management or senior management to executive level
- Required to think and work more effectively or to deliver more efficiently and effectively
- Feeling that they are losing out on opportunities and initiatives
- Leading a major change programme or project initiative
- Commencing a completely new role or looking to start or expand a business
- Taking on new or additional teams or responsibilities
- Considering a career change or a completely new sector.
Before each programme starts all participants are asked to read a short portfolio of relevant papers on negotiation, complete a brief outline of negotiation processes within your organisation and share a short biography. This will be done through our virtual learning environment. It will help you in your preparation and will help us to tailor our support to your negotiation skills development.
- Day one focuses on sharing the tools and techniques that support successful negotiation
- Day two is all about the practical application of your new skills
- Day three looks at how you can continue to use these approaches after the course in both the corporate and personal space.
A group-based case study will be allocated for overnight preparation on day one and day two ready for group negotiation the next day.
Alliance MBS has some of the most highly-regarded experts in business management that have inspired and influence many of today’s great business leaders.
Our experienced and approachable team ensures everything about your programme runs smoothly. From booking on to the course to your post programme coaching sessions, they aim to make your experience as enjoyable and stress free as possible.
Dr Stephen Brookes
Dr Jill Ingham
Open Programmes Business Development Manager