NOTE: There is a non-refundable application fee of £60, which you can pay using our secure online payment facility . We cannot consider applications until you have paid the application fee.
Masters (MSc) in Accounting and Finance
Gain a high level of understanding of the theory and practice of accounting and finance.
A career in accounting, financial services or related sectors requires a high level of understanding of the theory and practice of accounting and finance.
Alliance MBS is ranked 20th in the world for Accounting and Finance research according to the 2018 QS World Rankings. This course has both CFA Institute Affiliate status and Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) status which positions you to progress to a research degree. It is also linked to The Manchester Accounting and Finance Group – one of the leading accounting and finance units in Europe.
Read about other Master's degree courses at Alliance MBS >>
MSc Accounting and Finance / Application and selection
Year of entry: 2019
How to apply
Advice to applicants
Your statement of purpose should answer specific questions outlined below. Applications will not be successful without this statement.
- Please tell us your current overall average, the average for your accounting and/or finance major / specialization, and if possible your position in class.
- Please list any other accounting and finance courses or qualifications you have taken in addition to your undergraduate degree.
- Please tell us why you are interested in the MSc Accounting and Finance course at Alliance MBS and how the course will impact on your future.
- It is very competitive to gain a place on this course. Please tell us what makes you stand out as an exceptional applicant compared to others.
Please note: there is a non-refundable application fee of £60, which you can pay using our secure online payment facility . We cannot consider applications until you have paid the application fee.
How your application is considered
Applications cannot be processed without the following:
- £60 non-refundable application fee payment
- up-to-date English language score outlining individual element scores (where applicable)
- first and second year transcript and a list of final year modules
- two academic references (at least one will be required at the time of application)
- statement of purpose
- copy of passport (for non home/EU students only)
Scanned copies will be accepted at the time of application .
"The units are well designed and the course has high quality teaching staff, I could see that all of them are experts in their subject. Alliance MBS support staff are also very communicative and helpful, always ready in accommodating my needs."