- You need a degree in accounting or overseas equivalent. Excellent results in accounting subjects are preferable, although a relevant and advanced UK professional accounting qualification (or overseas equivalent) will also be considered
- We also consider applicants studying degrees in business administration, business management or commerce or economics. Due to competition for places, we give preference to applicants with an undergraduate degree in accounting
- You need to demonstrate a very strong background in accounting throughout your degree, and a final year major or specialisation in accounting will also be considered.
We highly recommend GMAT or GRE and anticipate a well-balanced score with a strong performance in the quantitative sections.
Masters (MSc) in Accounting
Develop advanced knowledge of accounting theory and practice.
Boost your career prospects by developing an advanced knowledge of accounting theory and practice, and prepare for a leading role in the accountancy profession.
The course is linked to The Manchester Accounting and Finance Group – one of the leading accounting and finance units in Europe, and Alliance MBS is ranked 20th in the world for Accounting and Finance research according to the 2018 QS World Rankings.
MSc Accounting / Overview
Year of entry: 2019
- Degree awarded
- 12 months full-time
- Entry requirements
We require a First or Upper Second class honours degree (2:1, with 60% average) from a UK university or the overseas equivalent.
- How to apply
NOTE: There is a non-refundable application fee of £60, which you can pay using our secure online payment facility . We cannot consider applications until you have paid the application fee.
|Full-time||Part-time||Full-time distance learning||Part-time distance learning|
Study for our specialist MSc Accounting course and boost your career prospects by developing an advanced knowledge of accounting theory and practice, and prepare for a leading role in the accountancy profession.
The course will help you develop an in-depth understanding of the theory and practice of accounting as well as your critical thinking. You will be introduced to different aspects of accounting research, and provided guidance in conducting the research.
Information sessions on-campus
Join us and discover more about postgraduate study opportunities at Alliance MBS.
- Staff available to answer your questions
- Meet current students and learn about their experience
- Careers advice
- Campus tour
Thursday 21 February 2019 (12.00-1.30pm)
Wednesday 20 March 2019 (12.00-1.30pm)
Wednesday 17 April 2019 (12.00-1.30pm)
Wednesday 8 May 2019 (12.00-1.30pm)
Events in the UK and around the world
We take part in many events in the UK, the EU and around the world. Find out when we're at an event in a city near you >>
If you plan to visit Manchester and you are unable to attend an Open Day or Information Session, please organise a personal visit .
For entry in the academic year beginning September 2019, the tuition fees are as follows:
UK/EU students (per annum): £25,000
International students (per annum): £25,000
The fees quoted above will be fully inclusive for the course tuition, administration and computational costs during your studies.
Due to the competition for places and limited availability, this course requires a deposit of £2,000 to cover non-recoverable costs and secure your place. The deposit will be deducted from your tuition fees when you register on the course.
The deposit is non-refundable, except in the following situations:
- you fail to meet the conditions of your offer (see below for further information); and/or
- you are refused a visa or entry clearance to enter the UK (proof must be submitted)
If an offer has been made specifying an English Language condition which you do not meet, the Admissions Team will require the official certificate of an English Language test taken after the date of offer as evidence that you have attempted to meet your offer conditions for a refund to be approved. The English Language test certificate provided with your application documents will not be accepted as proof that you have attempted to meet your offer conditions as such a certificate will predate the offer.
If an offer has been made specifying an academic condition, the Admissions Team will require the official university documentation showing that you have not met this academic condition from the institution at which you have studied, as evidence for a refund to be approved.
The Admissions Team reserves the right to refuse to refund of any deposit that does not meet with the requirements outlined above.
- Alliance MBS Masters Scholarships for UK/EU/International students
- Alliance MBS Masters Scholarships for US residents
- Academic department
- Alliance Manchester Business School
- Contact name
- Masters Admissions Office
- +44 (0)161 306 1339
- Academic department overview
Alliance Manchester Business School was established in 1965 as one of the UK's first two business schools. Today, we are the UK's largest campus-based business and management school, and 'Original Thinking Applied' is at the heart of everything we do. Find out more .
"I chose Alliance MBS because it has a good reputation and ranking and is located in a city with a lot of possibilities and things to do. My experience has been fantastic. I enjoy the great facilities available for students like the Student Union and PC clusters all over campus. The best thing about studying here is having great classmates from all over the world to study with."