NOTE: There is a non-refundable application fee of £60, which you can pay using our secure online payment facility . We cannot consider applications until you have paid the application fee.
Masters (MSc) in Finance
Learn the finance essentials; from derivatives and investments, to mergers and acquisitions and global markets.
This master's in finance enables you to work with our award-winning finance experts to build in-demand quantitative skills. You will gain the essential information needed to pursue a range of exciting finance careers at an international level.
The MSc Finance course has both CFA Institute Affiliate status and Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) status which positions you to progress to a research degree. It is also linked to The Manchester Accounting and Finance Group – one of the leading accounting and finance units in Europe.
Read about other business Master's degree courses at Alliance MBS >>
MSc Finance / Application and selection
Year of entry: 2019
How to apply
Advice to applicants
Your statement of purpose should cover the areas outlined below and be one page A4:
- Tell us why you are interested in the MSc Finance course at Alliance MBS and how the course will impact on your future
- List any other finance courses or qualifications you have taken in addition to your undergraduate degree
- Describe what makes you an outstanding applicant and describe your potential to contribute to all aspects of the course.
Please note: there is a non-refundable application fee of £60, which you can pay using our secure online payment facility . We cannot consider applications until you have paid the application fee.
How your application is considered
We can only process applications with the following documents:
- £60 non-refundable application fee payment
- up-to-date English language score outlining individual element scores, or date of your test (where applicable)
- first and second year transcript (scanned copies are accepted at the time of application)
- one academic reference letter , or a professional reference letter if you graduated more than two years ago
- statement of purpose
- copy of passport (for non-home/EU students only)
"Alliance MBS provides the opportunity to meet experts from your field of interest. You feel secure around the friendly environment and consistently feel the support of everybody. This year I lived everything to a maximum level; having fun with international friends and studying really hard. In a word, I would say that it was amazing!"