MSc Quantitative Finance
Gain a thorough understanding of the quantitative methods needed for financial decision making.
You learn how to design new financial products and gain advanced knowledge of the main theoretical and applied quantitative finance concepts. There is an international and multicultural perspective with a focus on current issues.
The course is linked to The Manchester Accounting and Finance Group – one of the leading accounting and finance units in Europe.
Alliance MBS is ranked 19th in the world for Accounting and Finance research according to the 2016 QS World Rankings.
MSc Quantitative Finance / Application and selection
Year of entry: 2017
How to apply
Advice to applicants
Your statement of purpose should answer specific questions outlined below. Applications will not be successful without this statement.
- Please tell us your current overall average, the average for your economics, maths or finance major / specialization, and if possible your position in class.
- Please list any other economics, mathematics, quantitative, or finance courses or qualifications you have taken in addition to your undergraduate degree.
- Please tell us why you are interested in the MSc Quantitative Finance course at Alliance MBS and how the course will impact on your future.
- It is very competitive to gain a place on this course. Please tell us what makes you stand out as an exceptional applicant compared to others.
How your application is considered
Applications cannot be processed without the following:
- up-to-date English language score outlining individual element scores (where applicable),
- first and second year transcript and a list of final year modules
- two academic references (at least one will be required at the time of application)
- statement of purpose
- copy of passport (for non home/EU students only)
Scanned copies will be accepted at the time of application.
"The course units are taught by lecturers who are specialists with exceptional knowledge and experience in the field. The units involving computational finance and programming, jointly offered with the School of Mathematics, are excellent in terms of teaching and providing hands-on experience for a career in financial engineering."