Full-time MBA career support
At Alliance MBS, you will receive career support throughout your MBA journey – starting before you even arrive in Manchester.
Our team of experienced careers consultants will work closely with you and become your career partners.
Throughout the MBA, we provide tools to increase your employability, plus support to develop and execute your career plans. Our five-stage, personalised career journey will help you plan your post-MBA career and increase your employability.
Who are you and what do you offer the employment market?
CV’s, cover letters, online presence, elevator pitch.
Information sessions, club events and meetings with alumni.
Map out your application strategy.
Submit job applications.
Our team of experienced careers consultants will work closely with you and become your career partners. Throughout the MBA, we provide tools to increase your employability, plus support to develop and execute your career plans. Our five-stage, personalised career journey will help you plan your post-MBA career and increase your employability.
This five-stage careers process is supported by:
- Weekly career skills workshops (scheduled during your core academic programme)
- Sessions with external specialist career practitioners
- Unlimited individual meetings with experienced senior careers consultants
- On-campus recruitment activities including the annual ‘Careers Expo’, guest speakers, industry experts, company recruitment presentations
- Networking events in London and Manchester
- Student clubs: Banking & Finance; Energy & Industry; Technology; Media & Telecoms; Consulting; Marketing & Retail
- Events focusing on entrepreneurship and women in business
- Business competitions
- Practice interviews
- Your own initiatives and ideas to develop your business networks and validate your plans
Helping you develop
Our careers team also coordinates MBA clubs, MBA competitions and our Gold Mentoring Scheme to help you build industry links, stand out on a global stage, gain advice and expand your network. The winning team at the 2017 Lord Alliance MBA Case Study Competiton
Take advantage of student-led clubs to boost your CV and build your list of contacts. These long-established clubs benefit from Alliance MBS' fantastic industry links and connections with similar student organisations across the world.
As a club member you will access exclusive events, such as guest speakers, company visits and competitions. This will help you:
- Gain knowledge of different sectors
- Develop new skills
- Make valuable industry connections by networking with professionals, alumni, academics and students from other business schools
- Share knowledge and ideas
- Enhance your CV and employability
Current student clubs:
- Banking and Finance
- Energy and Industry
- Entrepreneurship Forum
- Marketing and Retail
- Technology, Media and Telecoms
- Women Leading in BusinessForum
Recent speakers at student clubs
- Alistair Forbes, Competitive Analysis Manager, Rolls Royce
- Gunnar Menzel, Chief Architect Officer, Capgemini
- Heiko Schickel, Director of Strategic Marketing, Hilti
- John Lovering, Chairman, Maplin Electronics
Throughout the programme, we encourage students to participate in competitions in the UK and further afield. Not only are competitions a great opportunity to boost your CV and build your contact base, they are also a highlight of the MBA for many students. We encourage our MBAs to attend as many competitions as possible, for example:
- Alliance MBS MBA Case Competition sponsored by Lord Alliance with a £5000 cash prize fund
- Bocconi International Finance Competition:
- European Business Plan of the Year Competition
- Financial Times MBA Challenge
- Johnson & Johnson Case Competition
- Manchester Enterprise Centre Venture Further Business Start-Up Competition
- Manchester Enterprise Centre Venture Out Student Ideas Competition
- Nespresso MBA Challenge
- Npower RWE Energy Challenge
- Schneider Electric Go Green in the City
- Sustainable Venture Capital Investment Competition (SVCIC)
- Rotterdam Private Equity Competition
- Venture Capital Investment Competition
- Warwick Business School International Healthcare Case Competition
Gold Mentoring Programme
The Gold MBA Mentoring Programme is an innovative mentoring scheme that puts MBA students in touch with senior industry professionals (mostly alumni). The MBAs can benefit from the professionals' coaching, advice and insights, while for the professional it is an opportunity to expand their business network and maintain links with the school.
The mentoring programme, launched in September 2001, is offered to Full-time MBA students during their first year of studies (although it often continues further by mutual consent).
The programme runs from registration in September to the following June. The method and frequency of contact are agreed by the mentor and mentee.
"I had a mentor through the Gold Mentoring programme. He was an alumnus from a few years back, so he could relate to my experiences. It was good to meet for coffee and talk over my plans with someone outside of the programme."
“Our dedicated team of senior careers consultants will get to know you personally and work as your career partners Your success is also our success; our partnership with you continues long after you graduate…”