Your professional network
At Alliance MBS, you get much more than a business education. Through our regular guest speaker events and global alumni community, you will make valuable connections from day one.
Developing strong contacts is fundamental to your future success. As a Manchester MBA you will have plenty of opportunities to meet alumni and members of the business community. This gives you valuable insight into a range of industries and a chance to network with leaders in their field, and you will also build a rich pool of future contacts for your business career.
Guest Speaker Series
Business leaders from across industry will exclusively share their knowledge and expertise with you at the Guest Speaker Series – a core course on the Full-time MBA. The speakers are all alumni of the Manchester Full-time MBA and have recently included:
- Andy Stewart, Global Head Head of Transformation, RBWM, Change Management, HSBC
- Adrian Pinder, Global Marketing Director, GE
- Alison Horner, Chief People Officer, Tesco
- Lex Greensill, Founder, Greensill Capital
- Matt Johnson, Investor Relations Director, Travis Perkins
- Greg Stadler, MD Systematic Inventive Thinking
- Jennifer Halliday, CFO, Universities Superannuation Scheme
- Ian Topping, CEO, HMV
Every year, Alliance MBS attracts international figures to speak at the thought-provoking Vital Topics lecture series. We encourage MBAs to attend these events, which are a valuable opportunity to build your knowledge and network with the local business community. Recent speakers include:
- Alison Horner, Alliance MBS alumna and Group Personnel Director, Tesco Stores Ltd
- Carolyn Fairbairn, Director-General, Confederation of British Industry (CBI)
- Craig Kreeger, CEO, Virgin Atlantic
- Simon Stevens, Chief Executive, NHS England
- Andy Haldane, Chief Economist, Bank of England
- Omar Berrada, Chief Operating Officer, Manchester City FC
- Georg Ell, Country Director, UK & Ireland, Tesla Motors
- Andrew Byrne, Head of Public Policy for the UK & Nordics, Uber
- Jim O’Neill, Chairman, Goldman Sachs
- Craig Bennett, CEO, Friends of the Earth
- Alex Poots, Founding Director, Manchester International Festival
- Sir Vince Cable, Leader of Liberal Democrats Party
From the moment you join the programme you become a lifelong member of our alumni network. This thriving community includes over 60,000 ambitious professionals from diverse backgrounds, spread across 176 countries.
Through the alumni community you can network with business professionals and build relationships that will last a lifetime. You will be invited to join a range of events, for example:
- Networking drinks
The alumni network also includes regional and business interest groups that coordinate a range of activities, allowing you to learn, socialise and make new connections.
“A major benefit of the MBA is gaining access to the enormous alumni network. There are 60,000 AMBS alumni across the globe who are very keen to help out with ideas, thoughts or even job offers! Quite a few people from our class sourced their summer internship positions this way.”