The Manchester Global Part-time MBA
This hands-on, flexible MBA fits around your career and your life. You will study core areas of business and management, and you will specialise in your areas of choice through electives and project work. From day one, you will learn skills and knowledge to apply immediately in the workplace.
Our programme offers as much face-to-face teaching as most full-time MBAs – and the same qualification – yet you only study on-campus three times a year. You will undertake two practical business projects alongside themed workshops, and you can study with us in Manchester, Dubai, Hong Kong, São Paulo, Shanghai or Singapore.
in the UK (FT 2017)
global workshop locations
Top organisations want global executives with local knowledge. You need to thrive in a multi-cultural environment and manage across boundaries. The Manchester Global Part-time MBA offers a particularly international study experience to enhance your learning and self-development. Every course includes an intensive three-day workshop where you will study alongside high-achieving executives from diverse professional backgrounds.
- 100 nationalities studying across 6 global centres: Dubai, Hong Kong, Manchester, Sao Pãulo, Shanghai and Singapore
- Uncover new perspectives and business opportunities
- Be inspired by global business experts who are leaders in their fields
- Join our network of 60,000 alumni from 176 countries – lifetime access to some of the world’s brightest business minds
- 30% of students typically attend a workshop overseas every semester
- Take electives at any of our global centres in year two – Alliance MBS pays for six nights’ accommodation in two locations. We also offer a small number of electives in Washington DC.
- Make new contacts from across the globe who could be indispensable to your future business career
- Experience new ways of doing business and learn how to communicate and negotiate effectively with people from other cultures
Explore emerging markets
- Study our specialist elective that takes a 360° look at contemporary Chinese business – a valuable chance to build your network, understand how business is conducted in a different market and visit companies in different industries
- Our internationally-renowned academics travel the world to teach at our global centres, so you are guaranteed the same world-class teaching wherever you choose to study
- Continue your studies without interruption at a different centre if your career takes you overseas
"I have studied with people from all over the world and developed my network through workshops, annual dinners and student gatherings."
Fees & funding
Fees for the Global Part-time MBA can be paid in instalments on a semester-by-semester basis.
UK centre fees
- Global pathway (2 years): £28,665
- Global Accelerated pathway (18 months): £28,665
- Global Finance Accelerated pathway (18 months): £25,909
These fees apply to the UK centre only (students from the UK, North America, Europe and Africa).
Apply early and make a saving:
- Earlybird application deadline 1: 2 Oct 2017 (£2,149.87 discount)
- Earlybird application deadline 2: 6 Nov 17 (£1,433.25 discount)
University of Manchester Worldwide fees
If you are based in Asia, the Middle East, Australasia or South America, please contact your local University of Manchester Worldwide centre for further information on fees: Dubai, Hong Kong, São Paulo, Shanghai, Singapore
Many companies provide full or part sponsorship for candidates studying the Global Part-time MBA. We can help you put together a business case that outlines the benefits to your organisation. We can also schedule a face-to-face meeting or Skype call with your HR department to talk through the programme in more detail. Please get in touch with us to find out more. Click here to find out more about our corporate partnerships >>
Entry is competitive and we take a holistic view when we evaluate candidates. We’re looking for the most talented MBAs with the highest potential.
We’re not just looking for candidates with the most experience or the best test scores. We use a wide variety of criteria to evaluate applications, including academic credentials, fast career progression, leadership characteristics and entrepreneurial talent. We also assess your potential to contribute to and enhance your class’s professional and cultural diversity.
Please read our full entry requirements before you apply.
Entry requirements at a glance
- Minimum of three years’ post-graduation work experience with strong, consistent career progression and achievement
- Good undergraduate degree or international equivalent
- Satisfactory GMAT® and GRE® or Manchester Admissions Test score
- Professional accountancy qualification (Finance Accelerated pathway only)
- Professional skills and competencies
- International exposure (valued)
- Entrepreneurial experience (valued)
- Strong team player
- Excellent communication skills
- Emotional intelligence and personal qualities
- Proof of English competency (assessed throughout the admissions process)
Admission route for applicants without a degree
If you do not have a degree, it may be possible to gain a place without the specified formal academic qualifications. Please view our full entry requirements for further information >>
“You should choose Alliance MBS for its flexible programme structure and global presence. By the end of my MBA, I had attended workshops in five locations and this experience was priceless.”