The Manchester Global Part-time MBA
Are you an executive looking to increase your salary or change role, industry or location? Transform your career with this hands-on, flexible MBA.
Learn skills and knowledge you can apply immediately to help you stand out. You will study core business and management courses, choose specialist electives and take on two practical business projects. With teaching concentrated in workshop residentials three times a year, this international MBA fits around your career and personal commitments.
in Europe (FT 2018)
nationalities studying across our global centres
Top organisations want global executives with local knowledge. You need to thrive in a multi-cultural environment and manage across boundaries. The Manchester Global Part-time MBA offers a particularly international study experience to enhance your learning and self-development. Courses typically include an intensive three-day workshop where you will study alongside high-achieving executives from diverse professional backgrounds.
- 90 nationalities studying across 6 global centres: Dubai, Hong Kong, Manchester, Sao Pãulo, Shanghai and Singapore
- Uncover new perspectives and business opportunities
- Be inspired by global business experts who are leaders in their fields
- Join our network of 60,000 alumni from 176 countries – lifetime access to some of the world’s brightest business minds
- 50% of students typically attend a workshop overseas during the programme
- Take electives at any of our global centres in year two – Alliance MBS pays for six nights’ accommodation in two locations
- Make new contacts from across the globe who could be indispensable to your future business career
- Experience new ways of doing business and learn how to communicate and negotiate effectively with people from other cultures
- Our internationally-renowned academics travel the world to teach at our global centres, so you are guaranteed the same world-class teaching wherever you choose to study
- Continue your studies without interruption at a different centre if your career takes you overseas
"The diversity is the best part of the programme. The networking experience with people from all over the world was fabulous."
Fees & funding
Fees can be paid in instalments on a semester-by-semester basis.
Fees (UK centre only)
- Global MBA (2 years): £28,665
- Global Accelerated MBA (18 months): £28,665
- Global Finance Accelerated MBA (18 months): £25,909
Early application discounts
- Final application deadline: 3rd December 2018
- Early application discount deadline 1: Apply by 1st October and receive £2,149.87 off the course fees
- Early application discount deadline 2: Apply by 5th November and receive £1,433.25 off the course fees
University of Manchester Worldwide
Please note the above fees and discounts on this page relate to candidates enrolling through the UK centre (students from the UK, North America, Europe and Africa). If you are based in Asia, the Middle East, Australasia or South America, please contact your local University of Manchester Worldwide centre to discuss fees and workshop dates: Dubai, Hong Kong, São Paulo, Shanghai, Singapore
Many companies provide full or part-sponsorship for candidates studying the Global Part-time MBA. We can help you put together a business case that outlines the benefits to your organisation. We can also schedule a meeting or call with your HR department to talk through the programme in more detail. Please get in touch with us to find out more. Click here to find out more about our corporate partnerships >>
The Apprenticeship Levy
Students looking to utilise the Apprenticeship Levy will be able to do so for the January 2019 intake. Employers and students will be able to use £18,000 from their levy 'pot' to contribute towards their MBA fees.
Entry is competitive and we take a holistic view when we evaluate candidates. We’re looking for the most talented MBAs with the highest potential.
We’re not just looking for candidates with the most experience or the best test scores. We use a wide variety of criteria to evaluate applications, including academic credentials, fast career progression, leadership characteristics and entrepreneurial talent. We also assess your potential to contribute to and enhance your class’s professional and cultural diversity.
Please read our full entry requirements before you apply.
Entry requirements at a glance
- Minimum of three years’ post-graduation work experience with strong, consistent career progression and achievement
- Good undergraduate degree or international equivalent
- Satisfactory GMAT® and GRE® or Manchester Admissions Test score
- Professional accountancy qualification (Finance Accelerated pathway only)
- Professional skills and competencies
- International exposure (valued)
- Entrepreneurial experience (valued)
- Strong team player
- Excellent communication skills
- Emotional intelligence and personal qualities
- Proof of English competency (assessed throughout the admissions process)
Admission route for applicants without a degree
If you do not have a degree, it may be possible to gain a place without the specified formal academic qualifications. Please view our full entry requirements for further information >>
“You should choose Alliance MBS for its flexible programme structure and global presence. By the end of my MBA, I had attended workshops in five locations and this experience was priceless.”
Tuesday, July 31, 2018
“Since studying the MBA, my communication style has improved, I see the bigger picture more easily and I understand ‘high-level thinking’ in senior meetings better." Read how Owen Lloyd, Global MBA 2017 is applying his MBA as he progresses in his career at Bentley Motors.
Friday, July 27, 2018
On Friday 27th July, the University of Manchester China Centre Director, Ms. Sherry Fu was interviewed by Tencent Education for her views on transnational education and an increasingly popular learning format: blending digital classrooms and highly interactive face-to-face workshops.
Sunday, July 22, 2018
On 22nd July, the 2018 Kelley-Manchester Global MBA cohort embarked on their two-year MBA journey. The induction welcomed over 40 senior professionals from 19 countries and regions at Kelley's campus in Bloomington, Indiana.
Wednesday, July 18, 2018
The University welcomed a delegation of graduating global MBA students from the China Centre in summer, the best season to visit Britain
Monday, June 25, 2018
Manchester City captain Vincent Kompany is no stranger to success on the pitch, but his latest achievements took place in the classroom. Vincent recently graduated with an MBA from Alliance MBS, earning a merit grade and a distinction for his final project.
Friday, May 4, 2018
The winners of 2018 Venture Further competition have been announced at an awards ceremony at The University of Manchester. Eight teams of entrepreneurs have been awarded a share of a £50,000 cash prize fund to help take their start-ups to the next level.
Tuesday, May 1, 2018
It’s competition season for our MBA Class of 2019. So far we’ve clinched first place in the Johnson & Johnson Case Competition, won the Entrepreneur’s Choice Award at 'Invest for Impact' in North Carolina (SVCIC) and reached various finals. Read more