The Manchester Global Part-time MBA
Are you an executive looking to increase your salary or change role, industry or location? Transform your career with this hands-on, flexible MBA.
From day one, you will learn skills and knowledge you can apply immediately to help you stand out. You will study core business and management courses, choose specialist electives and take on two practical business projects. It all adds up to as much face-face teaching as most full-time MBAs and the same qualification – while only studying on-campus up to three times a year.
in the UK (FT 2017)
nationalities studying across our global centres
Top organisations want global executives with local knowledge. You need to thrive in a multi-cultural environment and manage across boundaries. The Manchester Global Part-time MBA offers a particularly international study experience to enhance your learning and self-development. Every course includes an intensive three-day workshop where you will study alongside high-achieving executives from diverse professional backgrounds.
- 90 nationalities studying across 6 global centres: Dubai, Hong Kong, Manchester, Sao Pãulo, Shanghai and Singapore
- Workshops for select electives also delivered in Washington DC
- Uncover new perspectives and business opportunities
- Be inspired by global business experts who are leaders in their fields
- Join our network of 60,000 alumni from 176 countries – lifetime access to some of the world’s brightest business minds
- 50% of students typically attend a workshop overseas every semester
- Take electives at any of our global centres in year two – Alliance MBS pays for six nights’ accommodation in two locations
- A small number of electives also delivered in Washington DC
- Make new contacts from across the globe who could be indispensable to your future business career
- Experience new ways of doing business and learn how to communicate and negotiate effectively with people from other cultures
Explore emerging markets
- Study our specialist elective that takes a 360° look at contemporary Chinese business – a valuable chance to build your network, understand how business is conducted in a different market and visit companies in different industries
- Our internationally-renowned academics travel the world to teach at our global centres, so you are guaranteed the same world-class teaching wherever you choose to study
- Continue your studies without interruption at a different centre if your career takes you overseas
"I have studied with people from all over the world and developed my network through workshops, annual dinners and student gatherings."
Fees & funding
Fees can be paid in instalments on a semester-by-semester basis.
Fees (UK centre only)
- Global MBA (2 years): £28,665
- Global Accelerated MBA (18 months): £28,665
- Global Finance Accelerated MBA (18 months): £25,909
Earlybird discount (UK centre only)
- Earlybird application deadline 1: 2nd Oct 2017 (£2,149.87 discount)
- Earlybird application deadline 2: 6th Nov 2017 (£1,433.25 discount)
University of Manchester Worldwide
The above fees and discounts apply to the UK centre only (students from the UK, North America, Europe and Africa). If you are based in Asia, the Middle East, Australasia or South America, please contact your local University of Manchester Worldwide centre for further information on fees: Dubai, Hong Kong, São Paulo, Shanghai, Singapore
Many companies provide full or part sponsorship for candidates studying the Global Part-time MBA. We can help you put together a business case that outlines the benefits to your organisation. We can also schedule a face-to-face meeting or Skype call with your HR department to talk through the programme in more detail. Please get in touch with us to find out more. Click here to find out more about our corporate partnerships >>
Entry is competitive and we take a holistic view when we evaluate candidates. We’re looking for the most talented MBAs with the highest potential.
We’re not just looking for candidates with the most experience or the best test scores. We use a wide variety of criteria to evaluate applications, including academic credentials, fast career progression, leadership characteristics and entrepreneurial talent. We also assess your potential to contribute to and enhance your class’s professional and cultural diversity.
Please read our full entry requirements before you apply.
Entry requirements at a glance
- Minimum of three years’ post-graduation work experience with strong, consistent career progression and achievement
- Good undergraduate degree or international equivalent
- Satisfactory GMAT® and GRE® or Manchester Admissions Test score
- Professional accountancy qualification (Finance Accelerated pathway only)
- Professional skills and competencies
- International exposure (valued)
- Entrepreneurial experience (valued)
- Strong team player
- Excellent communication skills
- Emotional intelligence and personal qualities
- Proof of English competency (assessed throughout the admissions process)
Admission route for applicants without a degree
If you do not have a degree, it may be possible to gain a place without the specified formal academic qualifications. Please view our full entry requirements for further information >>
“You should choose Alliance MBS for its flexible programme structure and global presence. By the end of my MBA, I had attended workshops in five locations and this experience was priceless.”
Friday, November 10, 2017
Full details of the fantastic guest speakers, workshops and drop-in pods at the She’s The Business Event on 15 November 2017. The one-day drop-in event is hosted by Manchester Enterprise Centre in partnership with beauty brand Soap & Glory and aims to inspire and support women with great ideas.
Friday, November 10, 2017
Anastasia Kenyon is the Manchester-based Chief Executive Officer of Lifestyler, a social booking site which enables individuals to discover, connect and book their next lifestyle professional. She will be hosting a pod in the upcoming She’s The Business ‘festival hub’ and sharing her experiences with attendees.
Thursday, November 9, 2017
"The opportunity to travel and study at the international locations was hands down the highlight of the entire MBA journey for me." Kiran Sispal graduated from the Global Part-time MBA in 2016 and used her MBA to secure a role in finance in Abu Dhabi.
Tuesday, October 31, 2017
Ahead of the She's The Business event on 15 November - aimed at young women with great business ideas - we're speaking to some of our guest speakers about their entrepreneurial journey. BorrowMyDoggy is an online community that connects dog owners with local, verified and insured people who are happy to help take care of a pooch for walks, sitting and holiday care.
Thursday, October 26, 2017
Can an engineer make the cut in the world of private equity? Alex Redman, Full-time Class of 2018, reports on his internship at Palatine Private Equity.
Wednesday, October 25, 2017
Ahead of the She's The Business event on 15 November - aimed at young women with great business ideas - we're speaking to some of our guest speakers about their entrepreneurial journey. Serena Guen is CEO and founder of SUITCASE Magazine, a publication that crosses both print and online and aims to bring a fresh approach to the role of the travel magazine.
Thursday, October 19, 2017
Ahead of the She's The Business event on 15 November - aimed at young women with great business ideas - we're speaking to some of our guest speakers about their entrepreneurial journey. Kettlebell Kitchen was launched in March 2016 and is the brainchild of Carley Jones, a cross-fit enthusiast who was tired of struggling to eat clean food in a convenient location whilst training.