The Manchester Global Part-time MBA Degree
Are you an ambitious executive looking to increase your salary or change role, industry or location? Transform your career with this flexible part-time MBA degree.
The Manchester Global Part-time MBA is designed for busy professionals who are looking to balance study with their careers and personal commitments. This international MBA course will help you develop skills and knowledge you can apply immediately in the workplace. Taught through a blended learning approach, the Manchester Global Part-time MBA combines online MBA teaching with face-to-face workshop residentials three times a year.
You will study core business and management courses alongside talented peers from across the globe and all sections of industry. You will also take on two practical business project and choose specialist electives in areas of your choice. To help you grow your global network, these electives can be studied overseas at our centres in Dubai, Hong Kong, São Paulo, Shanghai and Singapore. Where can we take you?
Top 10 UK School (FT 2019)
global workshop locations
nationalities studying globally
Global Part-time MBA course content
Top organisations want global executives with local knowledge. You need to thrive in a multi-cultural environment and manage across boundaries. The Manchester Global Part-time MBA offers a particularly international study experience to enhance your learning and self-development. Courses typically include an intensive three-day workshop where you will study alongside high-achieving executives from diverse professional backgrounds.
- 90 nationalities studying across 6 global centres: Dubai, Hong Kong, Manchester, Sao Pãulo, Shanghai and Singapore
- Uncover new perspectives and business opportunities
- Be inspired by global business experts who are leaders in their fields
- Join our network of 60,000 alumni from 176 countries – lifetime access to some of the world’s brightest business minds
- 50% of students typically attend a workshop overseas during the programme
- Take electives at any of our global centres in year two – Alliance MBS pays for six nights’ accommodation in two locations
- Make new contacts from across the globe who could be indispensable to your future business career
- Experience new ways of doing business and learn how to communicate and negotiate effectively with people from other cultures
- Our internationally-renowned academics travel the world to teach at our global centres, so you are guaranteed the same world-class teaching wherever you choose to study
- Continue your studies without interruption at a different centre if your career takes you overseas
"The diversity is the best part of the programme. The networking experience with people from all over the world was fabulous."
Fees & funding
Fees can be paid in instalments on a semester-by-semester basis.
Fees (UK centre only)
- Global MBA (2 years): £29,500
- Global Accelerated MBA (18 months): £29,500
- Global Finance Accelerated MBA (18 months): £26,500
Early application discounts
- Final application deadline: 28th May 2019
- Early application discount deadline 1: Apply by 25th March and receive 7.5% off the course fees
- Early application discount deadline 2: Apply by 29th April and receive 5% off the course fees
University of Manchester Worldwide
Please note the above fees and discounts on this page relate to candidates enrolling through the UK centre (students from the UK, North America, Europe and Africa). If you are based in Asia, the Middle East, Australasia or South America, please contact your local University of Manchester Worldwide centre to discuss fees and workshop dates: Dubai, Hong Kong, São Paulo, Shanghai, Singapore
Many companies provide full or part-sponsorship for candidates studying the Global Part-time MBA. We can help you put together a business case that outlines the benefits to your organisation. We can also schedule a meeting or call with your HR department to talk through the programme in more detail. Please get in touch with us to find out more. Click here to find out more about our corporate partnerships >>
The Apprenticeship Levy
Students looking to utilise the Apprenticeship Levy will be able to do so for the July 2019 intake. Employers and students will be able to use £18,000 from their levy 'pot' to contribute towards their MBA fees.
Entry is competitive and we take a holistic view when we evaluate candidates. We’re looking for the most talented MBAs with the highest potential.
We’re not just looking for candidates with the most experience or the best test scores. We use a wide variety of criteria to evaluate applications, including academic credentials, fast career progression, leadership characteristics and entrepreneurial talent. We also assess your potential to contribute to and enhance your class’s professional and cultural diversity.
Please read our full entry requirements before you apply.
Entry requirements at a glance
- Minimum of three years’ post-graduation work experience with strong, consistent career progression and achievement
- Good undergraduate degree or international equivalent
- Satisfactory GMAT® and GRE® or Manchester Admissions Test score
- Professional accountancy qualification (Finance Accelerated pathway only)
- Professional skills and competencies
- International exposure (valued)
- Entrepreneurial experience (valued)
- Strong team player
- Excellent communication skills
- Emotional intelligence and personal qualities
- Proof of English competency (assessed throughout the admissions process)
Admission route for applicants without a degree
If you do not have a degree, it may be possible to gain a place without the specified formal academic qualifications. Please view our full entry requirements for further information >>
Thursday, February 14, 2019
It is not often that two halves of a whole want to study an MBA, but to also want to study an MBA at the same time, in the same city is even rarer. Adri and Arturo are part of our MBA class of 2020 and came from Lima, Peru together to share their MBA experience.
Monday, February 4, 2019
Alliance Manchester Business School and Travis Perkins win the Association of MBA’s (AMBA) Employer and Business School Partnership Award
Thursday, December 6, 2018
Each year the new Full-time MBA class takes part in a 'hustle', where students pitch to win a coveted Vice President role on the student council. The student council was established to enhance the class’s student experience and consists of the President, VP Careers, VP Communications, VP Community, VP Finance, VP Social and VP Sports.
Thursday, December 6, 2018
We met with Ajay Singh, Special Advisor at Japex, Japan after he visited the business school to talk to our current MBA class
Wednesday, November 21, 2018
At the latest Global MBA workshops in Manchester, we caught up with some students to find out more about their experience ten months into the programme
Tuesday, November 20, 2018
Read how the Kelley-Manchester Global MBA made Leonard Zheng a more rounded professional
Friday, November 9, 2018
The rise of the “accidental manager” emerged as the key theme of a recent breakfast briefing at Alliance Manchester Business School which saw business decision makers meet to learn more about senior leader apprenticeships