The Manchester Global Part-time MBA Degree
Are you an ambitious executive looking to increase your salary or change role, industry or location? Transform your career with this flexible part-time MBA degree.
The Manchester Global Part-time MBA is designed for experienced professionals from all industries. This international MBA is taught through blended learning, so you can study while you continue to work full-time. This means you can apply the skills and knowledge you learn immediately to solve your business challenges.
What is blended learning? You can study this part-time MBA at your own pace from anywhere in the world. Our study format combines online teaching with face-to-face workshop residentials three times a year. The workshops are a great opportunity to learn from talented peers from all industry sectors.
You will study core business and management courses and take on two challenging business projects. You’ll also choose specialist electives in areas that interest you. To help you grow your global network, these electives can be studied overseas. Our choice of locations includes Dubai, Hong Kong, São Paulo, Shanghai and Singapore.
Where can we take you?
Top 10 UK School (FT 2019)
global workshop locations
nationalities studying globally
Global Part-time MBA course content
Top organisations want global executives with local knowledge. You need to thrive in a multi-cultural environment and manage across boundaries. The Manchester Global Part-time MBA offers a particularly international study experience.
- Join 90 nationalities studying across 6 global centres: Dubai, Hong Kong, Manchester, Sao Pãulo, Shanghai and Singapore
- Study alongside high-achieving executives from diverse professional backgrounds
- Uncover new perspectives and business opportunities
- Be inspired by global business experts who are leaders in their fields
- Join our network of 60,000 alumni from 176 countries – lifetime access to some of the world’s brightest business minds
- 50% of students typically attend a workshop overseas during the programme
- Take electives at any of our global centres in year two (Alliance MBS pays for six nights’ accommodation in two locations)
- Make new contacts from across the globe who could be indispensable to your future business career
- Experience new ways of doing business
- Learn how to communicate and negotiate effectively with people from other cultures
- Wherever you choose to study, you will receive the same world-class teaching. Our internationally-renowned academics travel the world to teach at our global centres.
- If your career takes you overseas, you can continue your studies without interruption at a different centre.
"The diversity is the best part of the programme. The networking experience with people from all over the world was fabulous."
Fees & funding
Fees can be paid in instalments on a semester-by-semester basis.
Fees (UK centre only)
- Global MBA (2 years): £29,500
- Global Accelerated MBA (18 months): £29,500
- Global Finance Accelerated MBA (18 months): £26,500
Early application discounts
- Final application deadline: 28th May 2019
- Early application discount deadline 1: Apply by 25th March and receive 7.5% off the course fees
- Early application discount deadline 2: Apply by 29th April and receive 5% off the course fees
University of Manchester Worldwide
Please note the above fees and discounts relate to candidates enrolling through the UK centre (students from the UK, North America, Europe and Africa). If you are based in Asia, the Middle East, Australasia or South America, please contact your local University of Manchester Worldwide centre. Our local course advisors will discuss fees and workshop dates in your region: Dubai, Hong Kong, São Paulo, Shanghai, Singapore
Many companies sponsor employees on the Global Part-time MBA. We can help you put together a business case that outlines the benefits to your organisation. We can also schedule a meeting or call with your HR department to talk through the programme. Please get in touch with us to find out more. Click here to find out more about our corporate partnerships >>
The Apprenticeship Levy
- The University of Manchester is an ESFA approved provider of the apprenticeship scheme for levy paying employers.
- The Global MBA Senior Leader Master’s Degree Apprenticeship is currently available only for employees of organisations who are paying into the levy.
The Apprenticeship Levy is a UK tax on employers which can be used to fund apprenticeship training. In the current tax year it is payable by all employers with an annual pay bill of more than £3 million at a rate of 0.5% of their total pay bill.
Students can utilise the Apprenticeship Levy for the July 2019 intake. Employers and students will be able to use £18,000 from their levy 'pot' to contribute towards their MBA fees.
Please contact us for further information: firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 161 275 7212
- Minimum of three years’ post-graduation work experience with strong, consistent career progression and achievement
- Good undergraduate degree or international equivalent
- Satisfactory GMAT® and GRE® or Manchester Admissions Test score
- Professional accountancy qualification (Finance Accelerated pathway only)
- Professional skills and competencies
- International exposure (valued)
- Entrepreneurial experience (valued)
- Strong team player
- Excellent communication skills
- Emotional intelligence and personal qualities
- Proof of English competency (assessed throughout the admissions process)
Please read our full entry requirements before you apply.
Admission route for applicants without a degree
If you do not have a degree, it may be possible to gain a place without formal academic qualifications. Please view our full entry requirements for further information >>
Take the next steps
Wednesday, March 13, 2019
With International Women's Day taking place last week, we wanted to showcase the influential women here at Alliance Manchester Business School. We met with Hannah Davies, Full-time MBA Class of 2020 to find out about her passion for women in business both inside and outside the classroom.
Tuesday, March 5, 2019
Full-time MBA student Santiago Rojas organised the first Global Legal Hackathon in Manchester. Global Legal Hackathon is a non-profit organisation and its purpose is for law and tech professionals to come together and develop solutions to improve the legal industry worldwide.
Thursday, February 14, 2019
It is not often that two halves of a whole want to study an MBA, but to also want to study an MBA at the same time, in the same city is even rarer. Adri and Arturo are part of our MBA class of 2020 and came from Lima, Peru together to share their MBA experience.
Monday, February 4, 2019
Alliance Manchester Business School and Travis Perkins win the Association of MBAs' (AMBA) Employer and Business School Partnership Award
Tuesday, January 15, 2019
From 10-11th January 2019, a new intake of Manchester Global MBA students was welcomed by the China Centre team at the start of their two-year MBA journey.