The Manchester Global Part-time MBA
Are you an executive looking to increase your salary or change role, industry or location? Transform your career with this hands-on, flexible MBA.
From day one, you will learn skills and knowledge you can apply immediately to help you stand out. You will study core business and management courses, choose specialist electives and take on two practical business projects. It all adds up to as much face-face teaching as most full-time MBAs and the same qualification – while only studying on-campus up to three times a year.
in Europe (FT 2018)
nationalities studying across our global centres
Top organisations want global executives with local knowledge. You need to thrive in a multi-cultural environment and manage across boundaries. The Manchester Global Part-time MBA offers a particularly international study experience to enhance your learning and self-development. Every course includes an intensive three-day workshop where you will study alongside high-achieving executives from diverse professional backgrounds.
- 90 nationalities studying across 6 global centres: Dubai, Hong Kong, Manchester, Sao Pãulo, Shanghai and Singapore
- Workshops for select electives also delivered in Washington DC
- Uncover new perspectives and business opportunities
- Be inspired by global business experts who are leaders in their fields
- Join our network of 60,000 alumni from 176 countries – lifetime access to some of the world’s brightest business minds
- 50% of students typically attend a workshop overseas every semester
- Take electives at any of our global centres in year two – Alliance MBS pays for six nights’ accommodation in two locations
- A small number of electives also delivered in Washington DC
- Make new contacts from across the globe who could be indispensable to your future business career
- Experience new ways of doing business and learn how to communicate and negotiate effectively with people from other cultures
Explore emerging markets
- Study our specialist elective that takes a 360° look at contemporary Chinese business – a valuable chance to build your network, understand how business is conducted in a different market and visit companies in different industries
- Our internationally-renowned academics travel the world to teach at our global centres, so you are guaranteed the same world-class teaching wherever you choose to study
- Continue your studies without interruption at a different centre if your career takes you overseas
"I have studied with people from all over the world and developed my network through workshops, annual dinners and student gatherings."
Fees & funding
Fees can be paid in instalments on a semester-by-semester basis.
Fees (UK centre only)
- Global MBA (2 years): £28,665
- Global Accelerated MBA (18 months): £28,665
- Global Finance Accelerated MBA (18 months): £25,909
Earlybird Discount application deadline 1: 30th March (£2,149.87 discount)
Earlybird Discount application deadline 2: 4th May (£1,433.25 discount)
University of Manchester Worldwide
Please note the above fees and discounts on this page relate to candidates enrolling through the UK centre (students from the UK, North America, Europe and Africa). If you are based in Asia, the Middle East, Australasia or South America, please contact your local University of Manchester Worldwide centre to discuss fees and workshop dates: Dubai, Hong Kong, São Paulo, Shanghai, Singapore
Many companies provide full or part-sponsorship for candidates studying the Global Part-time MBA. We can help you put together a business case that outlines the benefits to your organisation. We can also schedule a face-to-face meeting or Skype call with your HR department to talk through the programme in more detail. Please get in touch with us to find out more. Click here to find out more about our corporate partnerships >>
Entry is competitive and we take a holistic view when we evaluate candidates. We’re looking for the most talented MBAs with the highest potential.
We’re not just looking for candidates with the most experience or the best test scores. We use a wide variety of criteria to evaluate applications, including academic credentials, fast career progression, leadership characteristics and entrepreneurial talent. We also assess your potential to contribute to and enhance your class’s professional and cultural diversity.
Please read our full entry requirements before you apply.
Entry requirements at a glance
- Minimum of three years’ post-graduation work experience with strong, consistent career progression and achievement
- Good undergraduate degree or international equivalent
- Satisfactory GMAT® and GRE® or Manchester Admissions Test score
- Professional accountancy qualification (Finance Accelerated pathway only)
- Professional skills and competencies
- International exposure (valued)
- Entrepreneurial experience (valued)
- Strong team player
- Excellent communication skills
- Emotional intelligence and personal qualities
- Proof of English competency (assessed throughout the admissions process)
Admission route for applicants without a degree
If you do not have a degree, it may be possible to gain a place without the specified formal academic qualifications. Please view our full entry requirements for further information >>
“You should choose Alliance MBS for its flexible programme structure and global presence. By the end of my MBA, I had attended workshops in five locations and this experience was priceless.”
Monday, March 5, 2018
The Financial Times’ new ranking of Top MBAs for Women sees Alliance Manchester Business School ranking 36th in the world and positioned as 4th in the UK and 10th in Europe.
Tuesday, February 13, 2018
Launched in 2016, the Alliance MBS Case Study Competition was introduced by the Postgraduate Careers Service to provide our MBA students with more rigorous preparation for case study interviews. The competition was renamed in 2017 in recognition of Lord Alliance’s generous £5,000 prize fund donation, which returned in 2018.
Thursday, February 1, 2018
The Children’s Society recently undertook its first Not-for-Profit MBA Consultancy Project with Alliance MBS. They came to us with two key questions. Read on to hear how our MBAs tackled the challenge...
Monday, January 29, 2018
Manchester Enterprise Centre is looking to support the next big start-up from The University of Manchester through the Venture Further 2018 business start-up competition.
Tuesday, January 23, 2018
"Every person has a story to share, every story is unique in its own way and there is so much to learn." Manchester Matters is a student-led, 'Ted Talks' style event where our MBAs share stories that matter from all over the world – from ‘Peruvian cuisine’ to ‘Personal Intelligence’.
Wednesday, January 17, 2018
"I had launched my business without formal management training and made some inefficient decisions and mistakes." Fred Sharp is a China-based US citizen and business owner. He joined Global MBA Accelerated, a closed cohort of our most senior candidates, in July 2017. How does he find studying at a UK business school?
Thursday, January 11, 2018
"Studying for the MBA made me think much more about my long-term goals and career strategy. It gave me the courage to look at other opportunities and think beyond day-to-day tasks and deadlines." Amanda Tucker graduated from the Global Part-time MBA in 2017 and relocated back to London from Singapore to join a new consultancy firm.
Monday, January 8, 2018
"Last year included some great moments and also some challenging times, but there was always a silver lining thanks to the friends we have gained during this journey."
Friday, December 29, 2017
This month has seen Manchester City Football Club Captain, Vincent Kompany graduate from Alliance Manchester Business School with a Master's in Business Administration (MBA).