"This is Manchester. We do things differently here." - Tony Wilson (1950-2007)
Manchester gives you so many opportunities to do more and be more. We call it Stellify and it’s part of what makes us – and you – so distinctive.
It’s about broadening your horizons, understanding the issues that matter, and stepping up to make a difference to the local and global community.
What is Stellify?
Launched in September 2016, Stellify aims to inspire change and growth through a series of opportunities which are only available to you at The University of Manchester.
There are five broad ways to Stellify yourself:
- Embrace learning without boundaries – study something outside your immediate degree subject through our University College for Interdisciplinary Learning (UCIL)
- Understand the issues that matter – take part in our Ethical Grand Challenges
- Make a difference – volunteer
- Step up and lead – for example, stand in our Students’ Union elections, help to run a student society, become a student rep or peer mentor
- Look to the future – get involved in extra-curricular activities, write a CV and gain work experience
You may also opt to complete the Manchester Leadership Award – a unique combination of sustainability and ethics-related challenges, 40 hours’ volunteering and leadership experience.
Volunteering is hard work, but in the long run you may land your dream job faster, with unique experience that made an impact along the way.
course units available through the University College for Interdisciplinary Learning >>
volunteering towards the Manchester Leadership Award >>